PROJECT MANAGER – UNDERGROUND TRANSMISSION
W.A. Chester is recruiting for highly qualified Project Managers. This position is responsible for managing the electrical underground transmission projects. The ideal candidate should have extensive experience managing transmission and distribution projects for utility companies. The Project Manager will manage, direct and coordinate all aspects of this work. This position will require extensive out-of-town travel with work locations typically in the United States and Canada. Between projects, the candidate will be based at the corporate office in Lanham, MD or Boston, MA or Charles Town, WV.
Boston, MA, Charles Town, WV or Lanham, MD
A Project Manager’s responsibilities include managing the project from the time of award to completion. A Project Manager may be required to attend pre-bid meetings, perform site visits, review specifications and drawings, estimate project costs and prepare project schedules. The Project Manager is responsible to ensure the project is completed safely, on budget, and in accordance with the owner’s specification.
The Project Manager will provide leadership and direction to the Project Superintendent and/or General Foreman on the project.
The Project Manager will be required to communicate effectively through verbal and electronic mediums. The manager must maintain clear and open communications with the owners, clients, senior management, and on-site crews.
- Managing the project budget from planning to completion
- Procuring materials
- Managing subcontractors
- Managing the equipment rentals and equipment on-site
- Performing computer-generated schedules utilizing Microsoft Project and/or Primavera
- Qualified candidates will be proficient in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project and are able to learn the Construction Link Estimating Program.
- The ability to successfully pass a background check and gain access to government installations may be required.
- Ability to read and understand prints, cable drawings, and/or schematics.
- The candidate must demonstrate a commitment to working safely. Must be willing to follow and enforce federal, state, local, and company safety regulations.
- Knowledge of billing procedures and change orders are a plus.
- Must possess strong leadership skills to work both independently as well as lead the team.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Four-year degree in engineering or construction management. Or equivalent experience in the construction field will be considered in lieu of a college degree. Candidates with experience in the electric utility field are preferred.
The typical work environment is a construction site. Must be able and willing to work in an environment subject to outdoor weather conditions; on or around energized electrical equipment; in confined spaces, underground, in or adjacent to noisy and dirty environments.
As this work will require out-of-town assignments the successful candidate must be willing and available to travel involving long-term assignments. Typically these assignments may last from 1 -2 weeks or maybe several months in duration.
LICENSING OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- OSHA 10 certification a plus
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resume including a cover letter to HR@WAChester.com
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.